Log in to MyChart 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This gives you a few minutes to make sure everything is working properly.
To begin your scheduled primary or specialty care virtual visit:
- Log into MyChart through your internet browser or the Spectrum Health app.
- Select “Visits.”
- Choose “Appointments and Visits.”
- Find your virtual visit and select “Details.”
- Choose “Begin Virtual Visit.”
To begin a virtual urgent care visit:
- Log into MyChart through your internet browser or the Spectrum Health app. Or select “On-Demand Virtual Visit” to begin without logging in first, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select “Start Virtual Visit” from the “Explore More” option at the bottom of the home screen or search for “On-Demand.”
- Confirm your location. On-demand visits are available to anyone physically located in the state of Michigan.
- Select the reason for your visit. If your condition is not on the list, call Patient Support at 877.362.8362.
- Review your health information, and if necessary, add more details about your visit.
- Choose “Put Me in Line” to tell a provider you’re ready to be seen.
- While in line, select “eCheck-In” to update your personal information (required for all on-demand visits).
- To start your visit, select the “Begin Virtual Visit” button when it turns green.
- A video will open. If prompted, answer “Yes” to let the software access your video camera and microphone.
After finishing your visit, select the red X to disconnect.
To begin a virtual visit with multiple participants, you must sign into your own MyChart account. Utilizing the credentials of the patient will prevent them from joining the visit.
- Log into your personal MyChart through your desktop browser, mobile browser, or the Spectrum Health App.
- For those using a smart phone with face recognition passwords, ensure your security is linked to your own MyChart account, not that of the patient.
- If utilizing the app, once signed in you may be asked to choose someone to begin.
Please choose your personal patient profile. There may be a “remember my choice” toggle at the bottom to save this step in the future.
- Once signed into your own MyChart profile to verify you have a proxy relationship with the patient, you will see either the first initial or photo and name of your proxy or proxies in the top right-hand corner if utilizing the app, or mid page in the health feed on the browser page by scrolling.
- To access the patient’s information and appointments, scroll through your health feed until you see your proxy listed.
- To join the patient’s visit, select the green “Begin Virtual Visit” button.
- Your browser will open a new window. If prompted, answer “Yes” to let the software access your video camera and microphone.
In many cases proxy access must be granted by the patient and/or a Spectrum Health representative. If the proxy has not previously granted and established proxy access, you will not find the patient listed within your MyChart. Please contact Spectrum Health Technical Support at 877.308.5083 for further assistance.