Clinical Pathways and Guidelines
The Spectrum Health website is undergoing a significant platform and design upgrade which requires a freeze on all non-essential updates from July 2020 to October 2020. The list of pathways and guidelines here is not fully reflective of all currently available for reference. For Spectrum Health clinicians who want to view these or submit a clinical guideline or pathway, visit our InSite page. Note, users must have a Spectrum Health network username and password, and be connected to the Spectrum Health network, in order to access the InSite page.
Health care organizations that incorporate evidence-based medicine deliver better outcomes at a lower cost to their patients. There are proven interventions for clinical conditions that contribute to better outcomes. Clinical pathways and guidelines are intended to account for 80% of the intended population, not every single patient. Our strategy to “minimizing clinical variation” is intended to:
- Provide actionable, well-supported interventions consistently throughout our organization
- Define the “Spectrum Health way”
- Improve transparency and accessibility for all who care for patients at Spectrum Health
For Spectrum Health clinicians who want to submit a clinical guideline or pathway, visit our InSite page. Note, users must have a Spectrum Health network username and password, and be connected to the Spectrum Health network, in order to access the InSite page.
For COVID-19 patient care clinical guidelines, visit our health care professionals resources page.
- Pediatric Anxiety Diagnosis and Treatment Outpatient - Guideline
- Pediatric Central Venous Catheter (CVC)-related Venous Thromboembolism (VTE), Inpatient, Guideline
- Pediatric Depression, Assessment and Diagnosis, Outpatient, Guideline
- Pediatric Febrile Infant 0-60 days, Inpatient, Guideline
- Pediatric Gastrojejunal (GJ) Tube, Inpatient, Guideline
- Pediatric Lead Toxicity, Evaluation and Management, Inpatient/Outpatient, Guideline
- Pediatric Pancreatitis, Inpatient, Guideline