Who We Are
Spectrum Health, in partnership with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, continues to advance medical education in West Michigan. As our region’s health care leader, Spectrum Health is committed to preparing the physicians of tomorrow to best care for our patients and their families.
At Spectrum Health, more than 320 residents and fellows experience innovative training led by dedicated faculty within world-class facilities. We have 26 ACGME-accredited programs that offer a unique curriculum to meet your training goals. Coordinated care and collaboration make Spectrum Health an ideal choice for your medical education journey.
Spectrum Health’s vision for medical education is to:
- Increase the stature and visibility of residents and all they contribute to Spectrum Health
- Fully prepare residents and fellows for independent practice through training in our patient-centered model of care
- Increase program diversity
- Engage residents and fellows in quality and safety initiatives and culture
- Expand programs to support primary, tertiary and quaternary care programs through new fellowships