Monthly in-services are held Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Topics offered are designed to fit the needs of professionals who work through community organizations that offer health and human services.
Benefits of Attending In-services
- Local, no cost and effective training
- A wide variety of topics offered
- Specifically designed for professionals who work with families and children
- Unique opportunity to network with members of other community organizations
2020 In-service Schedule*
January 8, 2020
Self-Care: Culinary Medicine
February 12, 2020
You Matter Too: Putting Suicide Prevention Into Action
March 11, 2020
Children with Disabilities
April 8, 2020
May 13, 2020
Recognizing Cultural Differences while Serving Families
June 10, 2020
*Topics are subject to change.
How Do I Register?
A flier will be distributed each month to verify the in-service topic and location. Online registration instructions are provided in each in-service flier. Online registration is only available two to three weeks prior to each in-service.
If you'd like to be added to our distribution list to receive the monthly fliers, send your name, agency and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All in-services will be held at:
Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church
514 Eastern Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (map)
Note: To show our gratitude to Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church for hosting our free in-services, please consider bringing a non-perishable food item to the in-service for the church's Food Pantry. A basket will be available at registration.
From the North or South
From U.S. 131, exit Wealthy Street east
Turn right (south) on Eastern Avenue
From the East or West
From I-196, exit College Avenue south
Turn left (east) on Fulton Street
Bear right on Lake Drive
Turn right (south) on Eastern Avenue SE
In-services are presented free of charge by Spectrum Health Healthier Communities with support from:
- Arbor Circle
- Camp Fire West Michigan 4C
- Catholic Charities West Michigan
- Family Futures
- Grand Rapids Area Coalition to End Homelessness
- Kent ISD-Great Start to Quality
- Kent County Health Department
- Molina Healthcare of Michigan
- National Equity Project
- Strong Beginnings - Healthy Start
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan