Tenth Annual Community Health Worker Conference
Community Health Workers: Civic and Community Engagement - Telling Our Stories
SAVE THE DATE - Thursday, August 24, 2017
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Grand Valley State University – Eberhard Center
301 W. Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504-6495
- Identify innovative methods to promote community growth
- Assess community needs through engagement
- Describe how social determinants of health can be addressed through advocacy
- Discuss the stories of CHWs from the field
- Network, share experiences and learn from others
- Rejuvenate your mind and spirit during this uplifting and energetic day
- Opportunity to win door prizes (must be present to win)
- Congratulate the winner of the 2017 Mosley Award for Extraordinary Community Health Worker Service
The conference is designed for CHWs. CHWs are known by a variety of names, including village health workers, public health technicians, promotoras, community health advisors, outreach workers, health auxiliaries, health workers, lay health workers, health agents, health promoters, family welfare educators, health volunteers, school health aides, diabetes community health workers and community health aides.
Watch for registration information in June.