Tenth Annual Community Health Worker Conference
Community Health Workers: Civic and Community Engagement - Telling Our Stories
Thursday, August 24, 2017
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Grand Valley State University – Eberhard Center
301 W. Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504-6495
- Identify innovative methods to promote community growth
- Assess community needs through engagement
- Describe how social determinants of health can be addressed through advocacy
- Discuss the stories of CHWs from the field
- Network, share experiences and learn from others
- Rejuvenate your mind and spirit during this uplifting and energetic day
- Opportunity to win door prizes (must be present to win)
- Congratulate the winners of the 2017 Mosley Team Award for Extraordinary Community Health Worker Service
The conference is designed for CHWs. CHWs are known by a variety of names, including village health workers, public health technicians, promotoras, community health advisors, outreach workers, health auxiliaries, health workers, lay health workers, health agents, health promoters, family welfare educators, health volunteers, school health aides, diabetes community health workers and community health aides.
General admission: $60 per person
Spectrum Health employees: $50 per person
The fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon refreshments. Seating is limited.
Registration fees must be received by August 18, 2017 to be admitted to the conference.
Spectrum Health will refund 50 percent of the registration if a written cancellation is received by August 7, 2017. Instructions are provided in your online registration.