Flu Information Center
One little poke can go a long way to protect you, your family and the community.
The more people that are vaccinated, the more we build our strength in numbers to fight the flu together.
It’s safe. It’s easy. It saves lives. It’s more important than ever.
Flu Shot Access
Flu Information for Your Needs
Cold vs. Flu vs. COVID-19
Your Flu Shot Options with Spectrum Health
- Schedule in Spectrum Health App or visit MyChart. Use the button below to access MyChart.
- Find a community clinic near you.
- Your employer may be participating in a workplace flu clinic through Spectrum. Learn more here.
- Find a location, including Urgent Care or Walk-in Clinic near you by using the map below.
If You Are Sick
- Staying home
- Getting plenty of sleep
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Taking over-the-counter medications to reduce fever, body aches and congestion
Get care if you think you need medical attention based on your combination of symptoms.
- Schedule a video visit with a provider. On-demand video visits are available 24/7, convenient and allow you to stay home to prevent the potential spread to others. Conduct an on-demand video visit using MyChart on desktop or through the Spectrum Health app. Learn more.
- After a video visit, the provider may still recommend you be seen in-person or direct you to an urgent care location, based on the severity of your symptoms.
Effective July 1, 2021, only a licensed provider (physician or advanced practice provider) may order a COVID-19 test based on an individualized clinical assessment, also known as a screening.
If you are experiencing symptoms, you will need to be evaluated by a provider which can occur in-person or virtually. You can:
- Easily conduct an E-visit via your Spectrum Health MyChart account.
- Conduct an on-demand video visit through your MyChart account.
- Contact your primary care provider for an appointment.
After taking your test, it may take up to three days before you receive your results. You’ll receive an email notification that your results are ready. Your results will be posted to your MyChart account and shared with your provider. For all patients with a MyChart account, this will be your only notification of your test results by Spectrum Health.
If your symptoms are life threatening, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.