Flu Information Center
Spectrum Health employees get the flu vaccination every year to protect our patients, their families and each other. Join us in the fight against flu by getting your vaccination and helping protect those around you.
Stop the spread of flu before it starts with an annual flu vaccination. The flu vaccine can reduce your risk of getting the flu, and prevents tens of thousands of hospitalizations each year.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone older than six months receive the flu shot. This is especially true if you spend time with high-risk groups such as children or the elderly.
Flu Information for Your Needs
Cold vs. Flu
Your Flu Shot Options with Spectrum Health
- The easiest and most convenient way to schedule is via MyHealth. Use the link below to access MyHealth.
- Spectrum Health offers a series of community based clinics in your neighborhood. Click here for the schedule and location list.
- Your employer may be participating in a workplace flu clinic through Spectrum. Learn more here.
- Use the map below to find a Spectrum Health location near you.
If You Are Sick
- Staying home
- Getting plenty of sleep
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Taking over-the-counter medicine to reduce fever and body aches
Go to the emergency department if you or a loved one are experiencing difficulty breathing, dizziness, pain or pressure in the chest/abdomen, severe or persistent vomiting, or other severe symptoms.
Need care right now? Stay home and be seen 24/7/365 for non-life threatening conditions such as cough, rash, allergies, sinus problems, sore throat and stress.
Download the Spectrum Health Now app today to use anytime you’re in Michigan. Your visit will be shared with your primary care provider, no matter where you normally receive your care. Log in to see your after-visit summary using MyHealth.
Find an Urgent Care or Walk-In Clinic for Your Flu Vaccination
The flu bug hit 3-year-old Jase so hard he ended up on life support, fighting for his life.
Becky Powers tried for five years to get pregnant. She finally did, but the swine flu nearly killed her and her unborn baby.
'Like FaceTime’ for health care, Spectrum Health Now sees a huge surge during flu season. One patient shares how it saved her money and the hassle of leaving home.