About Our Service
Spectrum Health’s Balance Center is the only program of its kind in West Michigan offering complete care for dizziness and other disorders. We also have the area’s only neurotologist, a specialist in the nervous system and its effect on the ear and balance. Known as a vestibular disorder, this can result from certain health conditions, medications, or a problem in the inner ear or the brain. National studies have shown that 80 to 90 percent of people with balance disorders can benefit from rehabilitation and balance retraining.
Our team specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of balance disorders. We evaluate your condition using the latest technology. Based on the results, we will create a rehabilitation and therapy plan to help you regain your balance.
Rehabilitation goals may include:
• Decrease vertigo or dizziness
• Decrease nausea or lightheadedness
• Improve balance and functional mobility
• Retrain balance using computerized dynamic posturography
• Provide physical and occupational therapy as well as coping strategies to prevent falls