Helping Little Eyes See Clearly
Eye Care for Kids (Ophthalmology)
The pediatric ophthalmology program provides specialized care for children with vision problems or diseases of the eye. We also care for adults with double vision or misalignment of the eyes.
Our comprehensive approach includes diagnosis, optometrist or orthoptic assessment and treatment, medical treatment and surgical interventions for all pediatric eye disorders.
• Vision testing for children of all ages
• Evaluation and treatment for eye misalignment (strabismus) in children and adults
• Evaluation and treatment of pediatric cataract, pediatric glaucoma, amblyopia (lazy eye), ptosis (droopy eyelid), other eyelid abnormalities and tear duct disorders
• Screening and treatment for premature infants with retinopathy of prematurity
• Care for visually impaired children or those with traumatic brain injury
• Care for children with genetic or systemic diseases that affect the eye
• Treatment of eye injuries and infections
• Inpatient consultations for hospitalized children requiring urgent eye care
• Onsite Pediatric and Family Optical: offering professional optical services
Our specialized team includes certified ophthalmic technicians, orthoptists, pediatric optometrists, pediatric ophthalmologists, opticians and medical social workers. Our program is active in research with the Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator Group (PEDIG), funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI) of the National Institute of Health (NIH).
Our team is highly trained to work with children of all ages. Our clinic offers state-of-the-art testing in a child-friendly environment with distraction toys, videos and music. We strive to make the examination a positive experience and offer child life consultative services for children who may benefit from this specialized care.
Contacts and Glasses
Our onsite Pediatric and Family Optical provides convenient and professional optical service for the entire family. We have a large selection of frames—more than 500 of the latest styles—to fit kids of all ages, including the latest frames for teenagers and adults.
Don't Miss This
Sarah Baar and her toddler suffered from misaligned eyes. One doctor gave her no hope. But then she met Dr. Geddie.
Diana Santiago’s eye trouble caused crashes and compromises, until a surgical procedure restored her vision, and her life.
When a 6-year-old boy came from Haiti with eye problems, his doctor first had to figure why he was so sensitive to light.
Rare brain syndrome diagnosis provides clue to helping 20-month-old Connor Houghton’s vision.