A Helping Hand for New Moms
The Maternal Infant Health Program offers personalized services to help you and your family have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
Our team can provide education and assistance with:
- Finding health care services and coverage
- Locating community resources that are right for you
- Accessing transportation services through Medicaid
- Getting ready for your baby's birth
- Understanding your baby's growth and development
- Lifestyle and behavior changes
- Recognizing mood changes that are unique to pregnancy and parenting
A whole team will support you and your baby.
- Nurses will visit you at home to make sure that you and your baby are doing well.
- The team will coordinate your care with other health care providers.
- Community health workers (moms like you) will provide support, education and help with community resources.
- Social workers will help you adjust to pregnancy and parenthood, handle stress or overcome depression.
- The team can provide breastfeeding support.
Available to pregnant women and infants under one year who are:
- A resident of Kent County
- On or eligible for Medicaid.
Maternal Infant Health Program
665 Seward Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
Phone: Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Send an email: MIHP@spectrumhealth.org
The Strong Beginnings program offers additional services to eligible African-American and Hispanic women in Grand Rapids.