Spectrum Health Foundation Pennock Scholarships
Doris I. Cappon Scholarship
The Dorris I. Cappon Scholarship Program at Spectrum Health Pennock originated from the legacy of a generous $1.4 million gift from a truly dedicated and faithful volunteer. Doris I. Cappon was a member of the Spectrum Health Pennock Hospital Auxillary for many years and upon her death in 2003, the health career scholarship program was established in her name. Today, the Doris I. Cappon Scholarship Program provides assistance to "individuals who want to make a difference in healthcare at Spectrum Health Pennock."
The Doris I. Cappon Scholarship Program provides funds to qualified students for schooling. A service commitment is required. Applicants must also meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Complete, sign, and submit the Cappon Scholarship application and personal statement.
- Student must have a GPA of 2.75 overall for the last two years (4.0 scale) is preferred.
- Provide official documentation regarding proof of acceptance into an approved program.
- Interview with, and be selected by, the Cappon Scholarship and Loan Committee.
- Signed commitment contract agreeing to working at Pennock for at least two years after degree is obtained.
- The Spectrum Health Pennock Scholarship and Loan Committee reserves the right to award these scholarships at its discretion.