GranCon Donate Games to Win
Various Dates Throughout August
Check Schedule Below
Donation of Board Game(s)
DeVos Place, Kent District Library and GrandCon Gaming Convention will host a board game drive at select locations throughout the month of August to benefit the children and families at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. Community members can donate new board games for a chance to win three GrandCon badges and three GrandCon shirts starting Aug. 5 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Kent District Library Super Party Wonder Day at The Meadows at Millennium Park. There will be a registration box to enter the GrandCon giveaway at every drop-off location.
Community members can drop off new board games at the following locations:
- Aug. 5 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Kent District Library Super Party Wonder Day at The Meadows at Millennium Park
- Aug. 13 to Aug. 24, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday-Friday) SMG administrative office located inside Van Andel Arena
- Aug. 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kent District Library in Grandville
- Aug. 18 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kent District Library in Plainfield
- Aug. 25 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kent District Library in East Grand Rapids
In an effort to keep patients safe, Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital requests that all donated board games be new and easy to sanitize. Suggested games include: Guess Who, Sorry, Connect 4, Trouble, Checkers & Chess, Battleship, Ticket to Ride, UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, Monopoly Deal or regular decks of cards. GrandCon and DeVos Place staff will personally deliver the donated board games to the children at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital on Sept. 13 for a kids’ game day.
A portion of all GrandCon proceeds go directly to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. GrandCon Gaming Convention will take place at DeVos Place Sept. 14 to Sept. 16. For more information about GrandCon or to purchase GrandCon badges, visit grand-con.com.