At Spectrum Health, innovation is encouraged and expected as part of our corporate culture. In turn, we are committed to building a comprehensive and innovative supplier diversity program that supports our culture and our mission.
By developing strategic relationships with our business partners, we foster diversity within our supply base, increase competition within the sourcing process and provide access to resources that ultimately improve the health of the communities we serve.
Our commitment to supplier diversity starts at the top of our organization. The Spectrum Health Supplier Diversity Executive Steering Committee is designed to:
- Identify areas of strategic advantage
- Track diverse business transactions
- Manage relationships with current and prospective diverse business partners
The committee is comprised of senior staff representing a cross-section of Spectrum Health entities and departments.
Qualification to Participate
Our inclusive approach recognizes qualifications that differentiate our suppliers. To participate as a diverse supplier, business enterprises must be one of the following:
- Minority-Owned Enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned, controlled, operated and managed by members of an ethnic/racial minority group
- Women-Owned Enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned, controlled, operated and managed by one or more women
- Veteran-Owned Enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned, controlled, operated and managed by U.S. Military Service Veterans
- Business Enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned, controlled, operated and managed by individuals with disabilities
Spectrum Health also recognizes business enterprises that hold one or more certifications from the following certification agencies:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or a regional affiliate council
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Various State or Local government agencies or chambers of commerce
- Small Business Administration – Veteran or Disability Certification
If you are an eligible business enterprise, we invite you to register your company.
Supplier Diversity Coordinator
Spectrum Health System