Rehabilitation Clinical Education
Professional Therapy Seminars – Contemporary Management for Patients with Chronic Cardiopulmonary Diseases
March 9 and 10, 2019
Course overview: This course emphasizes key considerations applicable to the physical and occupational therapist in effectively managing patients with chronic cardiopulmonary diseases along the spectrum of care from acute hospitalization to rehabilitation, home health and outpatient care. The course accentuates the current evidence on the interacting concepts of stability, decompensation and readmissions in patients with chronic diseases. Examination and evaluation strategies, organized clinical decision making and evidence-based treatment techniques will be emphasized to provide clinicians with a contemporary best practice approach for managing patients with chronic cardiopulmonary diseases.
Target audience: PT, PTA, OT, COTA
13 contact hours (with an opportunity to earn three additional contact hours)
Registration fee: $350 (Spectrum Health Rehabilitation Services employees receive a discounted rate)
Spectrum Health Fred and Lena Meijer Heart Center
100 Michigan Street NE, Rooms 8811 and 8812
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
For more information, please visit the Professional Therapy Seminars webpage.
Terms and Conditions
- Refer to the presenting Institution’s Policy, if applicable
- Spectrum Health Policy: if cancelling greater than 14 days prior to the first day of the course; then a full refund minus a $50 processing fee will be issued. If cancelling less than 14 days prior to the first day of the course; no refund. No special circumstances accepted.
- Spectrum Health staff will observe the same rules for cancellation.
- Payment must be made in full no less than five business days before the start of the course. No monies will be accepted during the courses.
- Spectrum Health employees eligible for discounted tuition.