COVID-19 Screening and Testing
MyChart Screening and COVID-19 Test Self-Schedule
Virtual screening and COVID-19 test self-scheduling is available through MyChart. You do not have to be a Spectrum Health patient to use this service if you are at least 18 years of age. To access MyChart, download the Spectrum Health app via the links below or visit mychart.spectrumhealth.org. Follow the instructions found below to conduct your screening and schedule a COVID-19 test.
If you are a Grand Valley State University student or employee and have been directed to this page after a COVID-19 Self-Assessment, you can follow the same instructions.
COVID-19 Testing for Children
View the information below to learn how to have your child screened and schedule a COVID-19 test.
Note: Spectrum Health emergency departments are not able to provide outpatient COVID-19 testing for those who are without symptoms and want to be screened and tested without seeing a physician.
If your child is a minor (0-11):
If the minor is not a Spectrum Health patient, please call the COVID-19 hotline at 833.559.0659 to be screened and schedule a test.
If the minor is a Spectrum Health patient, you may use MyChart to virtually screen and to self-schedule a COVID-19 test. You will first need to have proxy access to their account. If the minor is an existing patient and you need to establish proxy access, please contact customer support at 877.308.5083.
If your child is an adolescent (12-17):
If your child is not a Spectrum Health patient, they can call the COVID-19 hotline at 833.559.0659 to be screened and schedule a test.
If your child is a Spectrum Health patient, they can log into their existing MyChart account and use the virtual screening and COVID-19 test self-scheduling feature. If they do not have a MyChart account, please contact customer support at 877.308.5083. To gain proxy access as a parent, please contact customer support at 877.308.5083. To receive access we need to speak to you and your child by phone.
If my child receives a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, should we take them to see a provider?
We do recommend you call your provider and let them know that your child tested positive. If your child develops symptoms that require medical care including difficulty breathing, inability to take fluids or symptoms that concern you, contact your child’s pediatrician. If you feel your child has a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
Navigate and login to MyChart by clicking “MyChart Login” within the Spectrum Health app or by visiting mychart.spectrumhealth.org.
If you haven't created a Spectrum Health MyChart username and password yet, you can sign up here or via the on-screen instructions in the app. This video will walk you through the process of signing up for MyChart.
- 1. From the MyChart homepage, click the “Schedule an appointment” in the quick links menu. If you are using the Spectrum Health app, make sure you have logged into MyChart to see this screen.
- Click “LAB COVID-19 Testing” underneath “Tell us why you’re coming in”
- Follow on screen instructions to complete a virtual screening.
- If the screening determines you qualify, you will be prompted to self-schedule test collection within MyChart. You may select multiple locations to search for dates and times. Please note, some locations have more than one option.
- Before leaving, make sure you click “Schedule” in order to reserve appointment
- If you have any technical trouble, call MyChart technical support at 877.308.5083.
If you have any technical trouble, call Spectrum Health App technical support at 877.308.5083.
Scheduling a Test With Valid Physician Order
- If you have a paper order, follow the process below for MyChart screening and test self-scheduling. During the COVID-19 screening you will have an opportunity to select that you have a valid order.
- If your order appears underneath “Appointments you need to schedule” on your MyChart homepage, you can select “Schedule Now”.
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline at 833.559.0659 to schedule.
Additional Screening Options
If you require an interpreter or special assistance, or are a pre-procedure or surgery patient, call 833.559.0659 to be screened. If you qualify for a COVID-19 test, an appointment will be made for you at one of Spectrum Health’s convenient testing locations.
Note: Spectrum Health emergency departments are not able to provide outpatient COVID-19 testing for those who are without symptoms and want to be screened and tested without seeing a physician. Spectrum Health laboratories require a doctor’s order before performing COVID-19 tests.