COVID-19 Screening and Testing
Do you need a COVID-19 test because you are experiencing symptoms?Effective July 1, 2021, only a licensed provider (physician or advanced practice provider) may order a COVID-19 test based on an individualized clinical assessment, also known as a screening.
How do I get an assessment (screened) for a COVID-19 test?
If you are experiencing symptoms, you will need to be evaluated by a provider which can occur in-person or virtually. You can:
- Easily conduct an E-Visit via your Spectrum Health MyChart account
- Conduct an on-demand video visit through your MyChart account.
- Contact your primary care provider for an appointment.
How do I schedule a test once I have a valid provider’s order?
- If you have MyChart you’ll receive an email notification informing that you need to schedule your test. You can schedule your appointment directly using MyChart.
- If you do not have a MyChart account, and you have a provider’s order, then call 833-755-0696 to schedule your test.
Important: An appointment is required to get a COVID-19 test. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins or drive-ins at any COVID-19 testing site without an appointment for that day and location.
Getting your test results in MyChart:
After taking your test, it may take up to three days before you receive your results. You’ll receive an email notification that your results are ready. Your results will be posted to your MyChart account and shared with your provider. For all patients with a MyChart account, this will be your only notification of your test results by Spectrum Health. The CDC advises you should stay home and away from others while waiting for test results.
Need special assistance?
If you require an interpreter or special assistance, or are a pre-procedure or surgery patient, call 833.559.0659 to be screened. If you qualify for a COVID-19 test, an appointment will be made for you at one of Spectrum Health’s convenient testing locations.