Preparing for Childbirth Class for Expectant Parents
Scroll down to review upcoming classes and register.
Varies by class
Our most popular class! The complete learning experience for first-time parents. Schedule near the end of your first trimester for best selection. Our main focus is on preparing you and your support person for labor and delivery, including:
- Is it really labor? What is it like? What to do when it’s time
- Exercises, labor positions, breathing patterns
- Relaxation tips and techniques
- Pain relief options and comfort measures
- Basic cesarean birth introduction
- Newborn care and feeding basics to get you started
Class options to fit your schedule:
- 4-week series, 1 class per week, 2.5 hours each class, class fee is billed to insurance
- 2-week 4 Day series, 2 classes per week, 2.5 hours each class, class fee is billed to insurance
- Weekend series Friday, 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3:30, class fee is billed to insurance
- eClass for Preparing for Childbirth *Note: This class has a fee of $129 that is NOT billed to insurance unlike the in-person childbirth classes.
- Please call 616.391.5000 option 1, for information about classes in Spanish or other non-English languages.
View our Expecting A Baby? booklet to find out about more pregnancy and childbirth classes available at Spectrum Health.
Scroll down to review upcoming class dates, times and availability. You may also clear the filter, click search and see all classes available to schedule.