What to Expect at Your Clinic Visit
Vaccines and Prescriptions
Protect against travel related infections with vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization and other international travel authorities. We are a designated yellow fever center and provide prescriptions for travel-related conditions as appropriate.
- Common health hazards at your destination, including prevention of insect- and water-borne illnesses and other transmittable infections
- Air-travel-related conditions
- Recent infectious outbreaks, health care standards and availability of health care at your destination
- Safety and security alerts, safe and unsafe areas, political updates and emergency information
- Personalized advice for those traveling with special needs, and children
Travelers receive an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) card with documentation of all vaccinations you receive in our clinic.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Appointments should be scheduled well in advance. Some immunizations are given in a series over a period of time and may take up to six months to complete. We review records of previous immunizations, and detailed travel itinerary.
Spectrum Health Travel Medicine
7128 Fulton St. E.
Ada, MI 49301
Payment and Insurance Considerations
We accept cash, check or credit card. We provide travelers with a statement which may be submitted for insurance reimbursement. Payment is due at the time of service.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 616.391.2778.