The first stop in our Afib Program could be a visit to our AFib Clinic. Our AFib Clinic provides faster care that is more accessible to you. We have formed unique pathways between referring offices and emergency departments to ensure we provide quick follow-up for newly diagnosed AFib. Our goal is to develop individual patient plans to best manage heart rate and rhythm in addition to preventing thromboembolism (clot formation).
A care plan may include lifestyle modification, medication management, and/or procedural or surgical treatments including implanted cardiac devices, complex ablations. We closely collaborate with the following specialties:
Spectrum Health Emergency Department: Our partnership allows us to have a fast track care option for the treatment of newly diagnosed Afib.
- Neurology: for assessment and treatment of cryptogenic stroke using implantable cardiac device monitoring; identifying occult atrial fibrillation as the cause of stroke
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: for surgical MAZE and AF hybrid procedures
- Sleep Medicine: to help with the assessment and treatment of sleep apnea
- Advanced Heart Failure Program: for improved management of heart failure through cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Cardiovascular Imaging: if needed, we use noninvasive cardiovascular imaging to round out the assessment of a patient and optimize their treatment management
- Metabolic Wellness Program: a program designed to focus on metabolic recover, aiding in the prevention of arrhythmias and/or success of treatment
- Medication Clinics: teams that provide dosing oversight and education for patients on blood thinners or antiarrhythmic medications