If you have received a notification from the Spectrum Health Secure Messaging system similar to this:
Then someone at Spectrum Health has sent you a message that has been marked “secure” or “confidential” by the sender because it contains confidential or patient health information. You will need to log in to the Spectrum Health Secure Messaging system to view your message. Because the security settings of your email service cannot be verified, the message is stored in a secure messaging portal to protect its contents. The following guide will help you create a new profile and retrieve your messages.
Retrieving a Secure Web Mail Message for the First TimeFollow these instructions to retrieve your message. Please note that this user name and password combination is not shared with any other Spectrum Health systems.
- Click the Click here link in the notification e-mail you received.
- You should be presented with a web page that resembles this:
- In the image above where it states email@example.com, your Email Address will already be filled in for you.
- Type in your First and Last names in the appropriate fields.
- Enter a password.
- Re-enter the same password into the Confirm password field.
- Click Continue to complete your profile and proceed to your secure message.
Important Information Regarding Secure Web Mail Messages
- It is important to keep the notifications you received because each notification is connected only to its respective secure message.
- After you login, you are only able to Reply or Reply All to the secure message.
- Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the window for additional instructions on using the Secure Messaging interface.
- Click the Logout button in the top-right corner of the window to log out of the Secure Messaging interface.