Ready for You
Throughout West Michigan, babies have been born, cancer has gone into remission and people have taken their first steps after a stroke. At Spectrum Health, this is what we do. For 25 years, we have been here to support your health. We realize this is more important now than ever before.
As we welcome you back to our full spectrum of care, we want you to know, we’re ready for you. We’ve taken what we’ve learned in our operating rooms to prepare every room. High touch surfaces are routinely sanitized. Physical distancing measures are in place. Each person is screened. Each person wears a mask. And team members wear personal protective equipment, for your safety, and theirs.
You’ll experience a new scheduling system to safely move you in and out quickly. We have considered your entire experience at Spectrum Health, down to the smallest detail.
And we will never stop improving it. Your health and safety is our top priority, now and always.
Whether you choose to see us virtually or in-person, we’re here for you and we’re ready for you.
We are continuing to offer expanded virtual care options in MyHealth through additional providers and appointments. This allows you to request the type of care you need, at the time you need it, without having to leave your home.
If you do not have a MyHealth account, follow the instructions for how to download and use these services. Call 877.308.5083 for additional support with creating or accessing your MyHealth account.
If you need to come into the hospital or one of our offices, we are taking additional safety measures to care for everyone who comes through our door, including:
- Frequent and extensive cleaning, especially in high touch areas.
- Screening employees, patients and visitors, including temperature checks for patients and visitors.
- Requiring everyone to use hand sanitizer and wear masks, which are provided onsite.
- Having team members wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Setting up waiting rooms differently and restructuring appointments scheduling to minimize wait times and limit contact between patients.
- Placing appropriate signage throughout spaces to maintain social distancing.
- Treating patients with COVID-19 in isolated areas in the hospitals.
If you need to come into an urgent care center, in addition to the in-person measures above, we have changed our procedures in Kent County locations to manage patient flow and minimize time spent in higher traffic areas like check-in and check-out.
Here is how it works:
- When you are headed to one of our urgent care locations, please register online ahead of arriving to reserve your place “in line” through our online tool.
- Once you arrive at your location, drive up to our curbside check-in for instructions. Once a room is available, we will alert you, meet you at the door and bring you straight to an exam room. This allows us to help bypass the waiting room altogether for most patients.
- After your appointment, you can return to your vehicle, and we will call you with discharge information.
Spectrum Health team members have been trained on safe practices to help prevent the spread of infection and are prepared to care for you throughout this crisis. We are ready for your care.