About Our Service
Our pediatric allergy and immunology specialists care for infants, children and adolescents with allergies, asthma and immune system disorders. Using state-of-the-art technology and best-practice medicine, we provide consultation, diagnosis, evaluation, management and treatment for a wide range of conditions. We will work closely with you and your child to effectively treat his or her pediatric allergic condition or immune system disorder.
In our new clinic at 35 Michigan Street, we offer several innovative treatment options that focus specifically on pediatric care. Our pediatric allergists/immunologists also now provide care to hospitalized patients at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
It is our goal to carefully assess the needs of your child and create an individualized treatment plan for him or her. Our comprehensive care includes, but is not limited to:
• Allergic rhinitis and allergen immunotherapy
• Asthma, including biologic therapies
• Atopic skin conditions including eczema and contact dermatitis
• Food allergy and oral food challenges
• Hymenoptera/bee sting allergy and venom immunotherapy
• Immunoglobulin replacement therapy
• Chronic rhinosinusitis
• Urticaria and angioedema
• Drug allergy including testing, challenges and desensitization therapy
• Hypereosinophilic disorders
• Mast cell disorders including mastocytosis
Most, but not all, patients will have allergy skin testing performed at their initial visit following a clinical evaluation. You and your child will be excited to know there are no needles used, and most patients find testing to be of minimal/no discomfort.
We work closely with other specialties to ensure the child receives a multidisciplinary approach to his or her care.