On June 14, 2021, Spectrum Health and Helen Devos Children’s Hospital were notified by Philips Respironics of a recall for certain CPAP, BiLevel PAP devices (sleep apnea machines) and mechanical ventilators. To learn more and take next steps, click here.
Sleep Medicine & Disorders Centers
Sleep problems are more than just an annoyance. They can have serious consequences. Lack of sleep affects your health, safety, job performance, home life and personal relationships. If you are one of the more than 50 million Americans suffering with sleep problems, we can help you get a better night’s rest.
Sleep Medicine Services
We do more than test for sleep disorders. Our physicians provide ongoing assessment, treatment and monitoring for sleep disorders in children and adults. Among the sleep disorders we treat are insomnia, restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea and narcolepsy. Our services include:
- Behavioral sleep medicine
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia
- Consultations for apnea, movement disorders, excessive sleepiness and sleep behaviors
- CPAP / BiPAP titration sleep study for obstructive sleep apnea
- Maintenance of wakefulness test, MWT, for commercial drivers and FAA licenses
- Multiple sleep latency test, MLST, to measure the speed of falling asleep
An overnight sleep study takes place at one of our sleep disorders centers. For most patients, this means a one or two night stay in a comfortable, homelike setting. During your stay, monitoring devices and video measure breathing, brain activity and movement. After the study, your treatment plan may include medication, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine, surgery, or behavioral therapy.