Executive Patient and Family Partner Program
Learn about Spectrum Health’s first patient and family partner program (PFPP)—the Executive Patient and Family Partner Program.
The Executive PFPP oversees the rest of Spectrum Health’s partner programs. They:
- Create alignment
- Ensure similar structure and goals
- Help newly established councils grow
The program has:
- Brought a patient and family perspective to quality, ethics, medication safety and communications committees
- Collaborated with human resources to implement behavioral-based interviewing education for Spectrum Health leadership candidates
- Collaborated with leadership on how to engage patients and family members with safety conversations
- Consulted on Spectrum Health advertising campaigns, a centralized phone scheduling system and hand-washing compliance initiatives
- Helped define the ideal Spectrum Health experience
- Presented a patient-family-centered care interactive educational session for medical residents
- Provided guidance on multidisciplinary team rounding and established a set time so that families know when to be present
To learn more about our Patient and Family Partner Program, contact our Center for Patient Experiences.