Welcoming Your Baby
You will be surrounded by education, counsel and support from your care team throughout your pregnancy, birth experience and postpartum care.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers take time to understand the unique aspects of each woman in their care, providing you with options for a birth experience that fits your health needs. Our Family Birth Center offers nitrous oxide and other solutions for pain management, and your care is coordinated from one private suite from labor to delivery to recovery.
Should you need further care and treatment, we are integrated with an entire network of Spectrum Health physicians who have additional specializations in specific areas of women’s health.
Learning About Childbirth
- First-time and refresher courses for parents
- A web-based, self-paced program to help parents prepare for the birth experience and care for a newborn
- Guided welcome tours of the Family Birth Center
- Infant care and CPR instruction for parents and caregivers
- Super siblings about having a new baby in the family
- Breastfeeding techniques and helpful solutions
- Postpartum and breastfeeding support groups
Partners in Children's Health
Spectrum Health Zeeland Community Hospital is a Partners in Children's Health location, which allows the medical team and employees at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital to collaborate with our local care teams, providing a regional system of connected care.