To view the COVID-19 Information Center, click here.
Right in the heart of the Spectrum Health Medical Center, you’ll find a nationally recognized hospital for patient quality and safety and the regional leader in full-service hospitals. Since 1873, Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital has been growing and building a reputation of excellence in care, diagnostics, treatment, prevention and education. It is the flagship hospital for the Spectrum Health Medical Center, which includes Fred and Lena Meijer Heart Center, Helen DeVos Children's Hospital and Lemmen-Holton Cancer Pavilion.
Butterworth Hospital offers a wide range of advanced medical, surgical and specialty care services that allow the urban campus in downtown Grand Rapids to serve as a major tertiary and quaternary referral center for West Michigan and beyond. These services include the only Regional Burn Center and Level I Trauma Center in West Michigan. Butterworth Hospital is a clinical leader in cardiovascular, cancer, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, neurosciences, trauma and emergency care services, among many others.
Points of Pride
- Award-winning hospital, nationally recognized for providing high quality, safe care:
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report in its Best Hospitals 2015-2016 rankings
- Ranked among nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics 2016
- “A” rating in Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group
- Primary stroke center certification
- Heart failure care certification
- Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence
- Magnet Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
A Winning Hand for Stroke Treatment: Timing, Technology
Stroke victims meet better outcomes when they quickly undergo clot-removal procedure using Solitaire device.
104-Year-Old Schools Us In Scalding Danger
Learn what to do if you or a loved one suffers a severe burn.