Race Day for the Irish Jig
Saturday, March 17, 2018
The 2018 Irish Jig will feature one "staggered" start, beginning at 9 a.m. with walkers beginning their event at approximately 9:15 a.m.
Event check-in and late registration are available from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the gym. The Health Beat Expo will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. The start of the race course is a short walk from the gym.
East Grand Rapids High School Gym
2211 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- There will be limited traffic access near the race course from 8:40 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on event day, Saturday, March 17
- Street parking is available around East Grand Rapids High School
- Additional parking is available on the second level of the parking ramp next to D&W, just north of the Wealthy Street/Bagley Avenue intersection
- Parking also is available at Blodgett Hospital, located at 1840 Wealthy Street, near the corner of Wealthy Street and Laurel Avenue. Look for directional signs
- Animals and baby strollers are not allowed on the course
- Walking the course is allowed, but participants must complete the route within 75 minutes and begin after the runners at approximately 9:15 a.m.
- Weather conditions vary from year to year, so dress appropriately
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refunds. Click here for our hazardous weather plan (PDF).