Help Spectrum Health Teams Care for COVID-19 Patients
We are extremely grateful for the outpouring of requests from the community to help during this COVID-19 pandemic. So many within our community have asked about ways to help during this time of need. Spectrum Health is accepting protective gear, supplies and donations to help our health care workers further prepare for the days and weeks ahead.
You can still drop off reusable homemade masks to community partners. We’ve outlined a few below. If you’re a community partner and would like to be added to the list, please email email@example.com.
Locations accepting reusable homemade masks and PPE:Hispanic Center of Western Michigan
1204 Grandville Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
O: 616.742.0200 ext. 160
To schedule a date and time for delivery, or for questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616.965.8254.
Salvation Army, Emergency Disaster Services
1632 Linden Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Donations of PPE accepted. To maintain social distancing while dropping off donations, you can leave the items in your trunk and a Salvation Army volunteer will remove them.
Migrant Legal Aid
Donations of PPE accepted. Please call 616.454.5055 or email email@example.com to set up a drop off time as office hours vary.
Spectrum Health hosts blood drives throughout the Spectrum Health System. Spectrum Health proudly uses Versiti to host our blood drives.
If you are healthy and asymptomatic, please consider donating blood. We encourage you to make an appointment at a Versiti donation center or community drive. Thank you in advance for making an appointment to donate.
- Click here to learn more about how donors are allowed to donate during Michigan’s Shelter in Place.
- Have questions on how to prepare to donate? Not sure if you are eligible to donate? Visit the Versiti FAQ Page to find out more.
- Click here to hear more about what Versiti is doing to ensure donor safety.
We are one team.
Together, we are strong.
Together, we will see this through.
- If a patient tested positive for COVID-19 at Spectrum Health, no action is needed. Patients will be contacted directly by our research team.
- If a patient tested positive for COVID-19 at a facility other than Spectrum Health, the interested patient should email firstname.lastname@example.org and will be contacted by a member of our research team.
- Note: Spectrum Health is currently unable to accept plasma donations for convalescent plasma treatment from patients that did not formally test positive for COVID-19.