Employer Resources* During COVID-19
Your business is vital in the services it provides to our community right now and in the future. We are grateful for your help in sustaining the important work that keeps our economy going.
As you continue to maintain your operations during COVID-19 or you are planning for your business operations post the Stay Home, Stay Safe mandate, it’s important to be armed with the right information and tools to prevent further spread of the virus. This situation is changing daily, so these resources will update regularly.
Resources to Help Your Business
Employer & Employee FAQs
The best place to receive notes is via your MyHealth account. Sign up for MyHealth online and obtain visit notes following your appointments.
Spectrum Health is not issuing “Return to Work” notes. We recommend that employers visit the CDC and OSHA websites for guidelines on this topic.
Spectrum Health is not issuing “Return to Work” notes. We recommend that employers look at the CDC and OSHA websites for “Return to Work” guidelines.
The best resource is your MyHealth account.
Spectrum Health recommends following the guidelines set forth by the CDC and WHO to help keep your employees safe. This includes proper cleaning and disinfection, working to reduce transmission among employees, and maintaining a healthy work environment. For detailed guidance specific to businesses, additional information is available from the CDC guidance for businesses.
Spectrum Health aligns with the CDC’s routine environmental cleaning and disinfection, available at their website. Spectrum Health uses EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants, a full list of which is available at the EPA website.
Spectrum Health promotes the five steps to proper handwashing (wet, lather, scrub for 20 seconds, rinse, and dry). This information is available in printable format from both Spectrum Health and the CDC.
If you suspect an employee of having COVID-19, please direct them to call the Spectrum Health Employer hotline at 616.486.1075 for screening and appropriate medical advice and instructions. Testing requires a provider order and an appointment.
How to Receive a COVID-19 Test
Spectrum Health now tests patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms, as supplies allow. Results are typically produced in less than 24 hours. This continues to be a dynamic situation, however, and is assessed daily. All testing requires a physician order.
To receive a test, follow the steps below.
1. Call the Employer hotline at 616.486.1075 for a free screening appointment. A provider will determine if you qualify for a test and provide further instructions and location for a drive-up testing appointment. If it is after hours, please call the Spectrum Health hotline at 833.559.0659 which is open 24/7.
2. Results are typically available in less than 24 hours.
Spectrum Health Employer Resources Quick Documents
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention Flier Additional Languages: Spanish | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Hotline Flier Additional Languages: Spanish | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Prevention Flier - Gloves Additional Languages: Spanish | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Prevention Flier - Masks Additional Languages: Spanish | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Prevention Flier - Handwashing Additional Languages: Spanish | Vietnamese