What is a video visit?
A video visit is a safe and secure video call with your healthcare provider, similar to Skype, Zoom or Apple Facetime. You and your provider will be able to see, hear, and speak to each other and will receive the same level of quality care, security, and professional attention as an in-person appointment.
What are the two types of video visits?
On-Demand Video Visit: See a Spectrum Health provider within minutes for a wide range of health issues – fever, cold, cough, flu, rashes, sinus problems, urinary symptoms, etc, all from the comfort of your home (ages three and up).
Scheduled Video Visit: A scheduled video visit appointment with a Spectrum Health primary care provider or specialist. You can schedule, reschedule, and conduct your video visit within the app.
Back Pain (New Onset)
Bites & Stings
Cough, Cold & Flu
Sprains & Strains
Joining a Video Visit
Here's what you'll need to attend your video visit using MyChart on the Spectrum Health app or your computer:
- Find a quiet, well-lit space with a good Wi-Fi connection
- Make sure your device is plugged in or fully charged
- Have your license/ID ready along with insurance information
- If you are using the mobile app, make sure your device has the latest updates
- Make sure you’ve completed eCheck-in. For help with eCheck-in, see instructional video below.