Start your running season with the 35th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig!
Saturday, March 17, 2018
The 2018 Irish Jig will feature one “staggered” start, beginning at 9 a.m. Walkers will start after all runners have crossed the starting line at approximately 9:15 a.m.
Now in its 35th year, the Irish Jig has grown to become one of Michigan’s premier 5K (3.1 mile) races. The USA Track & Field certified course is mostly flat with a few gentle hills. The start of the race is a short walk from the East Grand Rapids High School gym where participants will check-in prior to the event. Top age group winners receive prizes and top overall finishers receive cash awards.
Spectrum Health is proud to provide this event to promote colorectal cancer awareness. We look forward to seeing you on race day.
Register online for a discounted rate through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Online registration will close early if participation approaches race course capacity (4,500).
- $20 for 12 and younger
- $30 for 13 and older
Late registration will be available during packet pickup on Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17.
- $25 for 12 and younger
- $35 for 13 and older
Registrations are nontransferable and fees are nonrefundable. New this year! If you are a cancer survivor, select the “Survivor 5K” option during registration to receive a special participant bib to commemorate your journey.
Spectrum Health employees: if you are planning on running the Gazelle Sports Triple Crown, click here before proceeding with registering for the Irish Jig. You must be connected to the Spectrum Health network, or via Spectrum Health’s VPN in order to access the page. Information about logging into the network remotely is available at spectrumhealth.org/login.
- Animals and baby strollers are not allowed on the course
- Walking the course is allowed, but participants must complete the route within 45 minutes and begin after all runners have started (approximately 9:15 a.m.)
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refunds
- Short sleeve, technical shirts featuring the 35th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig logo along with commemorative glasses are available.
- At event check-in, participants who registered by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 27 will receive the shirt size they ordered and a commemorative glass. Those who registered after 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 27 can choose from available remaining shirt sizes on a first come first served basis and receive a commemorative glass as supplies last.
- If extra shirts are available after the race, they will be sold for a $10 donation to the Spectrum Health Cancer Center.
Colorectal Awareness Month
Spectrum Health Cancer Center is proud to support colorectal cancer screenings, prevention and diagnostic services through the Spectrum Health Irish Jig.
Among cancers that affect men and women, colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of death in the United States, yet it is preventable. Thanks to increased awareness of the risks and symptoms, advances in screening tests and evolving treatment options, the number of people diagnosed and dying from colorectal cancer continues to decline. For more information, visit our colorectal cancer page
Please join Spectrum Health Cancer Center in supporting colorectal cancer awareness!
Gazelle Sports Triple Crown Series
The Gazelle Sports Triple Crown Series is a group of three road races in Grand Rapids and East Grand Rapids, Michigan. The series includes the Spectrum Health Irish Jig, Brian Diemer Family of Races and the Reeds Lake Run. Runners may participate in one, two or all three legs, but teams and individuals must register for all three events to be eligible for the Triple Crown incentive and Gazelle Sports’ gift certificate. Visit the Gazelle Sports - Triple Crown Series for more information.