Start your year off on the right foot with the 36th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig!
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Now in its 36th year, the Irish Jig has grown to become one of Michigan’s premier 5K (3.1 mile) road races. The USA Track & Field certified course is mostly flat with a few gentle hills. The start of the race is a short walk from the East Grand Rapids High School gym where participants will check-in prior to the event. Top age group winners and qualifying teams receive prizes, and top overall finishers receive cash awards.
Spectrum Health is proud to provide this event to promote colorectal cancer awareness. We look forward to seeing you on race day.
The 2019 Irish Jig will feature one “staggered” start, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Walkers will start after all runners have crossed the starting line at approximately 8:45 a.m.
Register online for a discounted rate through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 14, 2019. Online registration will close early if participation approaches race course capacity (4,500).
- $20 for 12 and younger
- $30 for 13 and older
Late registration will be available during event check-in on Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16.
- $25 for 12 and younger
- $35 for 13 and older
Irish Jig team competition is offered in Corporate Divisions (Division A is companies with 499 employees or less and Division B is companies with 500 employees or more) and a Social Division. Team members should first register as individuals and then attach themselves to the appropriate team created by their team captain. Team captains will create their team and pay the $25 team fee/team.
Registrations are nontransferable and fees are nonrefundable.
- Animals and baby strollers are not allowed on the course
- Walking the course is allowed, but participants must complete the route within 75 minutes and begin after all runners have started (approximately 8:45 a.m.)
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refunds
- Long sleeve, gender-specific, technical shirts featuring a commemorative 36th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig design will be provided to all registered participants.
- At event check-in, participants who registered by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 10 will receive the shirt size they ordered. Participants who register after 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 10 can choose from available remaining shirt sizes on a first come first served basis at event check-in, March 15 and 16.
- If extra shirts are available after the race, they will be sold for a $10 donation to the Spectrum Health Cancer Center.
Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Spectrum Health Cancer Center offers you the most comprehensive colorectal cancer program in West Michigan. Our multispecialty team of experts provides the latest colorectal cancer screening techniques and a full range of personalized treatment options to achieve the best outcomes.
To learn more about our colorectal cancer program, visit spectrumhealth.org/colon-rectal-cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and would like a consultation or second opinion, call Spectrum Health Cancer Center at 1.855.SHCANCER (855.742.2623).
Three Event Deal (formerly Triple Crown)
Athletes who choose to run local in 2019 can save $15 when registering with the Three Event Deal -- Spectrum Health Irish Jig, Brian Diemer Family of Races (6/8/19) and the Reeds Lake Run sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (6/22/19). They will also receive a Spectrum Health Irish Jig long-sleeve, gender-specific, technical shirt at Irish Jig check-in as well as the registration incentives associated with the two other events in the Three Event Deal. Three Event Deal athletes can also participate on an Irish Jig team by selecting to be part of a specific team once it has been created online by the team captain. However, should teams also want to participate in the otherThree Event Deal events, they will have to create and pay for these teams with each event.