37th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig
Start your year off on the right foot with the 37th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig!
Saturday, March 21, 2020
Now in its 37th year, the Irish Jig has grown to become one of Michigan’s premier 5K (3.1 mile) road races. The USA Track & Field certified course is mostly flat with a few gentle hills. The start of the race is a short walk from the East Grand Rapids High School gym where participants will check-in race morning. Top age group winners and qualifying teams receive prizes, and top overall finishers receive cash awards. Teams must have a minimum of five and a maximum of ten members to qualify for team awards.
Spectrum Health is proud to provide this event to promote colorectal cancer awareness. We look forward to seeing you on race day
The 2020 Irish Jig will feature one “staggered” start, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Walkers will start after all runners have crossed the starting line at approximately 8:45 a.m.
Register online for a discounted rate through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2020. Online registration will close early if participation approaches race course capacity (4,500).
- $20 for 12 and younger
- $30 for 13 and older
Late registration will be available during event check-in on Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21.
- $25 for 12 and younger
- $35 for 13 and older
Irish Jig team competition is offered in Corporate Divisions (Division A is companies with 499 employees or less and Division B is companies with 500 employees or more) and a Social Division. Team members should first register as individuals and then attach themselves to the appropriate team created by their team captain. Team captains will create their team and pay the $25 team fee/team.
Registrations are nontransferable and fees are nonrefundable.
- Animals and baby strollers are not allowed on the course
- Walking the course is allowed, but participants must complete the route within 75 minutes and begin after all runners have started (approximately 8:45 a.m.)
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refunds
- Long sleeve, gender-specific, technical shirts featuring a commemorative 37th Annual Spectrum Health Irish Jig design will be provided to all registered participants.
- At event check-in, participants who registered by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 6 will receive the shirt size they ordered. Participants who register after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 6 may choose from available remaining shirt sizes on a first come first served basis at event check-in.
- If extra shirts are available after the race, they will be sold for a $10 donation to colorectal cancer screenings, prevention and diagnostic services.
Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Spectrum Health Cancer Center is proud to support colorectal cancer screenings, prevention and diagnostic services through the Spectrum Health Irish Jig.
Among cancers that affect men and women, colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States, yet it is preventable. Thanks to increased awareness of the risks and symptoms, advances in screening tests and evolving treatment options, the number of people diagnosed and dying from colorectal cancer continues to decline. For more information, visit spectrumhealth.org/colon-rectal-cancer.
Please join Spectrum Health Cancer Center in supporting colorectal cancer awareness! Fundraise as an individual or create a fundraising group for the Irish Jig. Click here for more information.
Three Event Deal
Athletes who choose to run local in 2020 can save $15 when registering with the Three Event Deal -- Spectrum Health Irish Jig, Brian Diemer Family of Races (6/13/20) and the Reeds Lake Run (6/27/20). They will also receive a Spectrum Health Irish Jig long-sleeve, gender-specific, technical shirt at Irish Jig check-in as well as the registration incentives associated with the two other events in the Three Event Deal. Three Event Deal athletes can also participate in the Irish Jig Team Competition by selecting to be part of a specific team once it has been created online by the team captain. However, should teams also want to participate in the other Three Event Deal events, they will have to create and pay for these teams with each event.
We'd like to extend our thanks to the sponsors of the Spectrum Health 37th Annual Irish Jig!