Get Started with MyChart
To create a Spectrum Health MyChart account, follow these steps.
If you have a MyChart activation code
1. Visit mychart.spectrumhealth.org or select “MyChart Login” from the Spectrum Health app.
2. Click the “Sign up now” button.
3. Enter your identifying information, click “Next” and follow the remaining instructions.
An activation code is required to set up accounts for children ages 12 to 17 years of age.
If you do not have a MyChart activation code1. Visit mychart.spectrumhealth.org.
2. Click the “Sign up now” button.
3. Click the “Sign up online” button.
4. Enter your information.
5. Confirm you’re not a robot.
6. Answer security questions.
7. Create a user name. You will not be able to change your user name, so pick one that’s easy to remember.
8. Create a password. The password must be at least eight characters and it should include a combination of numbers and letters.
9. Set your email notification preferences.
MyHealth or Spectrum Health Now UsersIf you had a MyHealth or Spectrum Health Now account, your information transferred to MyChart. You do not need to create a new account. Simply log in with your MyHealth or Spectrum Health Now username and password.
I Have a MyChart Account with Another Doctor. Do I Need to Create a New One?If your MyChart account is with a different health care system, you need to create a new account. After you create your Spectrum Health MyChart account, you may be able to link it to your other accounts so that you can access all your health information in the same place. Learn about connecting your MyChart accounts below.
Review helpful information about signing in to your Spectrum Health MyChart account.
We use an extra layer of security to protect your health information. This extra layer is called two-factor authentication.
Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication
The first time you log in to MyChart on your computer or after updating the Spectrum Health App, you’ll receive a six-character code via email or text message. Enter this code to access your health information. The code is valid for 10 minutes.
Please keep the page asking for the code open and access your email in a different tab or on a different device. To open a new tab in an internet browser on your desktop or laptop computer, click the “+” symbol to the right of your currently open tabs or press and hold the control (Ctrl) and T keys.
Two-Factor Authentication on Android
Android users may experience an issue where the six-character code provided does not allow you to log in.
This may be due to hitting the back button to get to the Android home screen. To avoid this issue, use the home or menu button when navigating away from the Verify Your Identity screen.
Resetting Your Password
To reset your password:
1. Select “Forgot Password” on the MyChart log in page.
2. Provide your user name, primary phone number, and date of birth.
3. Check your email address for a code. Enter this code on the log in page.
4. Follow the directions to reset your password
Reactivating an Account
If you get locked out of your account, you’ll need to contact Spectrum Health App Support to reactivate your account.
To verify your identity, you’ll need to provide:
• Your first and last name
• Two of the following pieces of information:
o Birth date
o Mailing address
o Last four digits of your social security number
You can share this information via email (email@example.com) or call 877.308.5083. We are available Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon.
You’ll need to reset your password after we reactivate your account.
If you've been a patient at more than one health care organization, you probably have multiple medical records. Learn how to make accessing all that information easier.
One Place to View Your Records
If your health care organizations participate in a program called MyChart Happy Together, you can connect your other accounts to your Spectrum Health MyChart account. Connecting your accounts allows you to see all your health information in one place, including medications, allergies, health issues and care team.
How to Connect Accounts
Log in to your Spectrum Health MyChart account. Go to “Share My Record” in your profile section. There, you’ll see the option to “Link your accounts.”
What If One of My Health Care Organizations Isn’t Listed?
Some organizations haven't activated this feature yet, even if they’re using MyChart. See participating organizations.
What If I Don’t Recognize an Organization in My List of Accounts?
Sometimes, the name might look unfamiliar because:
• The location you visited is listed under the name of its parent organization
• The location is part of a network with a name that's not used locally
• The organization changed its name since the last time you were there
Get Help Merging Accounts
You may have multiple medical records with Spectrum Health. To merge your records, call your provider’s office or contact Spectrum Health App support. Merging your records may take 1 to 3 business days.
If you manage someone else’s health, you can request access to his or her Spectrum Health MyChart account. This is called proxy access.
Accessing Your Child’s Health InformationThe amount of health information parents and guardians can access depends on the age of their child.
Parents and guardians have full access to their children’s health information in MyChart from birth through age 12.
On the child's 12th birthday, access is limited to:
• Scheduling appointments on the child's behalf
• Viewing and printing immunization records
• Receiving health topic alerts.
Once your child turns 18 years old, you can no longer access his or her health information in MyChart without being granted proxy access.
To request access to your child’s information, contact his or her provider’s office or call 877.308.5083.