After-Hours Work Injury Virtual Triage
Many injured employees who work after hours or weekends are sent to the emergency room regardless of the severity of their injury. When injured employees don’t actually require this high level of care, it costs the employer time, money and lost productivity. MedNow eliminates the guesswork for second and third shift supervisors by using Spectrum Health providers to virtually triage injured employees. Count on video visits to give after-hours supervisors the confidence that injured employees are directed to the most appropriate
place for service without jeopardizing their health and safety.
How it Works
- Call MedNow at 844.322.7374 and request a “MedNow video visit for a work-related injury.”
- Within 10 minutes, receive your video visit invite.
- Use your internet-connected, smart phone or tablet to connect into the visit.
- Talk with an occupational health-trained provider who will assess your employee’s injury and advise on next steps.
Next steps could be:
- Continue working and go to an in-person occupational health appointment in the morning.
- Rest or sedentary duty and go to an in-person occupational health appointment in the morning.
- Go immediately to the nearest Spectrum Health emergency department or urgent care.
After-hours video visits are available Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 24 hours a day on the weekend.
Skip the lines and the hassle of getting to an appointment with a 30-minute video consultation. The consultation will include a 30-minute session with a health care provider who will review past medical history and immunizations you may need for your trip.
How it Works
Call MedNow at 616.267.1101
to schedule a video visit. Connect from your internet-connected, smart device. After your visit, you’ll receive a report with helpful tips specific to your destination, including food, water and safety recommendations. The 30-minute video visit includes a one-time fee of $99 per traveler.
MedNow offers virtual primary care 24/7 for patients with low acuity symptoms like cough, sore throat, sprains or allergic reactions. With a MedNow video visit, patients will receive direct, real-time access to a primary care provider for non-life threatening conditions using a webcam anywhere there is a strong internet connection. This service is available for employees and their dependents ages three and older. Along with video visits, MedNow also offers secure online messaging to a Spectrum Health Medical Group provider through the MyHealth app. These eVisits can also be used for low-acuity primary care conditions and an eVisit will never cost more than $25.
How it Works
Patients call MedNow at 844.322.7374 or download the MyHealth mobile app and schedule a video visit online. The cost for a primary care video visit will never be more than $45. Employers have the opportunity to work with their medical plan to discuss options to to reduce the employee’s co-payment or waive this charge.