Spectrum Health's guiding principle is to deliver personalized health that is simple, affordable, and exceptional. Laboratory testing is paramount to this vision. Spectrum Health Laboratory continues to invest in the development of advanced diagnostic testing to meet today's healthcare challenges. Backed by our commitment to you and your patients, we strive to deliver quality results promptly with an emphasis on exceptional customer service.
Spectrum Health Laboratories knows that to provide the highest quality of care requires effective communication and collaboration, which is why we offer a full array of laboratory services. Such as:
- Online comprehensive testing menu with specimen requirements.
- Responsive Lab Client Services team, including a 24/7 Customer Service Call Center (tel: 16167747721).
- Connectivity Solutions that include bi-directional interfaces, Epic Care Link provider portal and our Epic Community Connect program.
- Access to experts including board-certified pathologists and PhD’s with a wide range of sub-specialties and fellowship training.
We offer a comprehensive testing capabilities with specimen requirements online, critical value reporting immediately upon test completion, a 24/7 customer service call center, courier services and 40 convenient outpatient draw sites to serve your patients. Pediatric phlebotomy is available at all sites.
- Why Choose Spectrum Health Lab?
- When should I contact Laboratory Client Services?
- Where can I find information regarding testing?
- Where can I stay up to date on new tests?
- Test utilization
- New Lab Account Set-Up
- Lab Billing
- Specimen collection training
Meet Our Lab Experts
Our clinical laboratory scientists provide expertise in virtually every area of the clinical laboratory, using state-of-the-art instruments and methodologies. We also have a highly skilled team of board-certified pathologists who provide professional, patient-centered, and multi-specialty services. Our phlebotomists and lab service representatives are dedicated to patient care and delivering an all-around exceptional experience to all laboratory customers.
Spectrum Health Cytogenetics Laboratory performs more than 3,600 tests annually using a full range of cytogenetic specimens, including blood, bone marrow, solid tumors, amniotic fluid, chorionic villi samples, and products of conception. The laboratory is a leader in advanced cytogenetic testing and can deliver preliminary oncology results within 24 hours.
Spectrum Health Regional Laboratories perform more than six million diagnostic tests per year and provide a full range of reference testing for hospitals and highly specialized laboratory services. Regionally, we serve more than 800 physician offices, hospitals, clinics, home care providers, insurers, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. Our laboratory outreach services are licensed, certified, and accredited through four national organizations. This means you can count on our labs to provide quality and excellence.
Our services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We look forward to being a vital partner with you in caring for the needs of your patients.
- 44 draw sites across 13 West Michigan counties.
- Number of tests performed per year – 7.8 million (2019 Fiscal Year: July 2018 – June 2019, all labs).
- 11 Laboratories throughout West Michigan that effectively service rural, urban and suburban areas.
- Catalog: https://spectrumhealth.testcatalog.org/
- Laboratory News: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/
- Training: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/training/
- Patient Pricing: https://www.spectrumhealth.org/about-us/average-prices
- Patient Billing: https://www.spectrumhealth.org/about-us/average-prices-for-grand-rapids-area/frequently-asked-questions
- Licensing and Accreditation: https://spectrumhealth.testcatalog.org/show/Accreditation
- P1NP brought in-house: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2019/06/12/p1np-update/
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone brought in-house: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2019/06/12/anti-mullerian-hormone-update/
- Test enhancement: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2019/05/14/test-enhancement-microarray-acgh-analysis/
- Hematology Instrument Update: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2019/05/23/hematology-instrumentation-update/
- System-wide CAP inspection: http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2019/03/15/spectrum-health-laboratories-pass-systemwide-cap-inspection/