About Our Service
- Extensive medical evaluation with our provider
- Appropriate diagnostic tests to determine the cause and degree of lymphatic dysfunction
- Monitoring limb volume changes with the Perometer® (a measuring device that uses infrared laser technology)
- Therapy sessions with a certified physical therapist, which may include manual lymphatic drainage, compression bandaging and the Healthy-Steps Lebed method, a therapeutic exercise program
- Education regarding skin and home care management
- Exercise and activity recommendations to boost strength, range of motion and function
- Compression garment recommendations to prevent the return of fluid buildup
- If appropriate, lymphatic vasopneumatic pump use
What to Expect on Your First Visit
Before your first visit, please have your physician send your health history, as well as any relevant information regarding your main concern, to our office. Bring a list of current medications to your initial visit and be prepared to answer general health questions.
The lymphedema program is located in at Lemmen-Holton Cancer Pavilion on Michigan Street at Coit Avenue. Look for parking ramp entry marker No. 5.
Complimentary valet parking is available Monday to Friday, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Although a physician referral is preferred, patients can make their own appointments. To make an appointment, please call 616.486.6800 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.