About Epi proColon Blood Test
Why is Colon Cancer Screening so important?It’s a fact: Colon cancer screening saves lives. Nine out of ten people survive colon cancer when it is found early as opposed to one out of ten when it is found too late. When colorectal cancer is found early, successful treatment is more likely.
There are different screening tests for colorectal cancer, and a colonoscopy remains the most accurate screening. If you are unwilling or unable to have a colonoscopy, Epi proColon may be right for you. You should talk with your health care provider about recommended screening tests so that you choose the test that is best for you.
Epi proColon might be an option for you if:• You are age 50 or older
• You are considered average risk for getting colorectal cancer
• You are out of date with recommended screening tests
• You decline recommended screening tests after talking with your health care provider
Epi proColon is not an option for you if:• You are younger than age 50
• You are considered higher risk for getting colorectal cancer
• You are up to date with recommended screening
• You are willing and able to be screened with recommended screening tests
If you are older than age 75, you should talk with your health care provider about whether getting screened is right for you.