Foot & Toe Conditions
Foot and toe conditions can disrupt our daily lives. Spectrum Health podiatrists are skilled experts in the latest techniques and surgeries. Common foot and toe conditions, include:
- Bunions: a visible bump of bone or tissue that forms at the base of the big toe (or less often, on the baby toe) caused by chronic imbalance when you walk
- Flat Foot: lack of arch development during childhood which causes pain in the feet and up into the ankles
- Hammertoe: an abnormal bend in the middle joint of a toe, often affecting the second, third or fourth toes
- Heel Spurs: a calcium deposit on the heel bone that causes a stabbing pain in the heel
- Plantar Fasciitis: this ligament forms the arch of your foot. Stiffening of the band causes a sharp heel pain.