About Your Care and Condition
Foot and toe conditions can disrupt our daily lives. Spectrum Health podiatrists are skilled experts in the latest techniques and surgeries. Common foot and toe conditions, include:
- Bunions: a visible bump of bone or tissue that forms at the base of the big toe (or less often, on the baby toe) caused by chronic imbalance when you walk
- Flat Foot: lack of arch development during childhood which causes pain in the feet and up into the ankles
- Hammertoe: an abnormal bend in the middle joint of a toe, often affecting the second, third or fourth toes
- Heel Spurs: a calcium deposit on the heel bone that causes a stabbing pain in the heel
- Plantar Fasciitis: this ligament forms the arch of your foot. Stiffening of the band causes a sharp heel pain.