One of the most difficult things about cancer treatment is the unknown. At Spectrum Health Cancer Center, we understand. We want to do everything in our power to make this time a little easier, starting with offering you and your family the services of a nurse navigator. The navigator is someone who can clarify things. They will look out for you and translate the language of the hospital and the language of your symptoms into words you can understand. The navigator will be with you and your family throughout your care.
What is a Nurse Navigator?
What Services will the Nurse Navigator Provide?
- Guidance through the diagnosis and treatment phase of your care
- Access to the many services available for you throughout Spectrum Health
- The information you need to make good decisions
- Referrals to support services you could benefit from, including social work, nutrition, counseling, genetics, research, pastoral care, physical and occupational therapy, financial counseling and community resources
- Coordination of your care to meet your changing needs
- Improved communication among you, your physician and other members of the health care team