Paying for Your Surgery
How Much Does Bariatric Surgery Cost?The cost of bariatric surgery depends on your insurance coverage (and deductibles) and the procedure performed. Generally speaking, a patient paying cash for a procedure will pay between $12,500 and $31,000.
Will My Insurance Cover It?
Most insurance companies and Medicare cover bariatric surgery; however, every plan differs. We will help you verify that your benefits include bariatric surgery, and we will help you determine what, if any, co-payments and deductibles you will be responsible for.
Accepted InsuranceWhile Medicaid is accepted at both locations, it does not cover all costs. As with all medical procedures, it is important to understand what will and will not be covered by your individual plan. If you do not see your insurance here, please contact our office, as contractual arrangements are subject to change.
- ASR Physicians Care
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Preferred PPO/Community Blue PPO
- Cofinity (Aetna/PPOM)
- Grand Valley Health Plan
- Medicaid (does not cover all costs)
- Priority Health (HMO/PPO)
- Priority Health Medicaid
- Priority Health Medicare (Grand Rapids only)
- United Healthcare
- Traditional Medicare (Grand Rapids only)