Private Duty Care
Whether you need a short-term solution or a long-term partnership, Private Duty Care is available to everyone and does not require a physician referral. We serve people of all ages, from pediatrics to the elderly. We are confident we can help you with your needs, whatever they may be.
If you or a loved one needs home care that is flexible, Private Duty Care is likely an affordable option for you. Many times, we’re there to help relieve family and friends who need a break from serving in the role of caregiver. Skilled nursing, rehabilitation, nighttime coverage, light housekeeping and personal care are just a few of the options available. Our services range from providing medical expertise to helping with grocery shopping and light housekeeping to providing companionship. We work closely with you and your primary care provider to develop a plan that meets your needs. A registered nurse will coordinate your services and communicate regularly with you and your family. Below is a list of the types of services we offer.
- Care by licensed nurses and trained health aides
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian
- Medication management
- Virtual visits with clinical support specialists
- Chronic disease education and management
- Healthcare navigation
- Wellness check-ups
Personal and Home Care:
- Home safety evaluation and plan
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Companion care
- Bathing and grooming
- Transportation to appointments
- Assistance in maintaining social activities
- Home automation and other fall prevention technology solutions
Knowing when Private Duty Care is Necessary
Knowing when and how to begin home care can be difficult. Private Duty Care may be the right solution if you or a loved one answers yes to any of these questions:
- Do you have trouble getting to medical appointments?
- Have you just returned home from the hospital?
- Have you fallen or feel you may fall?
- Do you have trouble remembering to take medications?
- Do you have difficulty managing multiple prescriptions?
- Do you need help in managing an ongoing condition?
- Do you need assistance with activities like light housekeeping, shopping, beauty salon visits, lunch dates and other social appointments?
- Do you live alone and don’t have family nearby to help?
Our Service Area
We consider home the place where you live, which includes independent living facilities or assisted living communities. Spectrum Health At Home reaches many counties throughout West Michigan.