Please allow for extra time when visiting Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital due to construction. Upon arrival, please use the new Ramp 2 and enter from Plymouth Avenue. Learn more about the current parking and wayfinding here.
Set within a quiet, beautifully maintained property of mature trees and healing gardens, Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, has a history of providing high quality, compassionate and personalized medical care. Since 1846, Blodgett Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence as a community and teaching hospital. We provide patient-focused inpatient care in 248 private patient rooms and outpatient services for medical, surgical and specialty care, achieving high rates of patient satisfaction.
Points of Pride
- Award-winning hospital, nationally recognized for providing high quality, safe care
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report in its Best Hospitals 2015-2016 rankings
- Named by Healthgrades among Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety
- Ranked among Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals 2016
- Ranked among nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics 2016
- “A” rating in Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group
- Recognized by Becker's Healthcare as one of the 68 most "green" hospitals in the United States, December 2018
- Bariatric surgery center of excellence from the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Primary stroke center certification
- Joint replacement certification
- Heart failure care certification
- Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence
- Magnet Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Spectrum Health’s Center for Joint Replacement ranks first in West Michigan for total hip and knee replacements, and second in the state for total hip and total knee replacements
On a Mission for Veterans
Danielle Montag leads an effort to greet, thank and provide extra help for patients who served in the military.
‘I had to relearn every aspect of my life’
After having both knees replaced, Lori Devries can now climb the bleachers to watch her daughter play basketball.