Spectrum Health Big Rapids and Reed City Hospitals has been keeping your community healthy for more than a century. As your neighbors, we strive to treat you like family both inside and outside our hospital doors.
Investing in Our CommunityBig Rapids Hospital invests in programs that improve overall health and well-being in our area. We support initiatives and organizations such as:
• Angels of Action
• Big Rapids Farmers Market Health Outreach
• Hemlock Park improvement project
• LiveWell for Your Heart
• Mecosta County Area Chamber of Commerce
• Mecosta-Osceola United Way
• Open Arms Child Advocacy Center
• Rotary Fitness Park outdoor gym project
• Wheatlake Wellness Path
Learn about Spectrum Health Healthier Communities or invite us to take part in your community health-related event.
Promoting Fun and HealthWe’re proud to sponsor events that bring our community together to stay active and have fun. Big Rapids Hospital sponsors events such as:
• Bulldog Bonanza
• Evart Chamber of Commerce Egg Drop
• Ferris Foundation for Excellence Benefit
• Ferris State Athletics
Educating Health ProfessionalsBig Rapids Hospital is a teaching hospital in partnership with Ferris State University and other continuing education programs. We’re thankful for the opportunity to help train the next generation of pharmacists, nurses, health care administrators and more. As a patient, you benefit from having both students and their mentors involved in your care.
Listening to YouYour neighborhood is healthier because we work to improve local wellness from local voices. Learn about:
• Big Rapids Community Health Needs Assessments
• Big Rapids and Reed City Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council
Don't Miss This
Hundreds gather to support racers, walkers and cancer care at the Wheatlake Festival of Races.