An Overview for Providers and Patients
PET-CT services are an integral part of our oncology multidisciplinary team. This team is dedicated to providing the highest caliber cancer care in the region. Each radiologist interpreting PET-CT scans is board certified with additional subspecializations in nuclear medicine, as well as in body imaging and neuro imaging. We are also an ACR accredited facility.
Advanced PET-CT Technology
We offer the Siemens Biograph mCT High Definition PET with 64-slice CT. This new scanning technology improves the quality of images and provides enhanced information for diagnosis and treatment. Spectrum Health was chosen as the first clinical site worldwide to use this new imaging equipment.
PET-CT Imaging Procedures
- Diagnosis, staging and restaging of cancer
- Cancer therapy monitoring
- Dosimetrist-assisted radiation therapy planning
- Functional imaging of the brain, including localization of refractory seizures and early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
|PET-CT Exam Order Form||83KB|
|Diet Plan (en Español)||75KB|
|Patient Preparation Instructions||77KB|
|PET-CT Information for Patients - English (en Español)||82KB|
|PET-CT Ordering Guide for Referring Providers||
Each radiologist interpreting PET-CT scans is board certified in diagnostic radiology with additional sub-specialization and credentialing in nuclear medicine, as well as body imaging and neuro imaging. The CT portion of the exam is performed with oral and intravenous contrasts unless contraindicated. PET-CT exams are interpreted as fully-integrated and optimized metabolic (PET) and anatomic (CT) imaging.
Scheduling an Exam
We value working with our referring provider offices and strive to make the scheduling process as simple and seamless as possible. If you have questions concerning the scheduling process, contact us at 616.486.2134. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need directions to the PET-CT Department?!? Click here to map your route.
Need to access your PET-CT scan results? Click here to sign-up or login to the MyHealth app.
If you need patient brochures, scheduling forms or someone to visit your office, please contact Provider Relations at 616.486.6648 or email email@example.com. We look forward to serving you.
Peer-reviewed publicationsWe are committed to advancing the field of PET-CT and strive to be at the forefront of the latest techniques aimed at improving the health of the communities we serve. Towards that end, we continue to participate in producing research suitable for review by the scientific community in journals and poster presentations. To view our latest publications, please view the following titles and click on the corresponding links for more information:
Radiologic Clinics of North America: http://www.radiologic.theclinics.com
- Role of Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography in Pulmonary Neoplasms. Radiologic Clinics of North America, Paul Shreve and Todd Faasse, September 2013
Seminars in CT, Ultrasound, and MRI: www.semultrasoundctmri.com
- Patient and Image Data Management in PET-CT for Radiation Therapy and Therapy Response Assessment. Seminars in Ultrasound, CT, and MRI. Todd Faasse and Paul Shreve, December 2010.
- Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography Protocols for Radiation Therapy Planning Assessment and Therapy Response Assessment. Seminars in Ultrasound, CT, and MRI. Paul Shreve, Nancy Swanston, and Todd Faasse, December 2010.
- Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography Patient Management and Workflow. Seminars in Ultrasound, CT, and MRI. Todd Faasse and Paul Shreve, August 2008.
Society of Nuclear Medicine: www.snm.org
- The Node and The Nodule: Discordant Metabolism on FDG-PET. H. Border, P. Shreve, T. Faaase. Society of Nuclear Medicine 2006 Poster Presentation. PET Medical Imaging Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research, Grand Rapids, Michigan June 2006.
- Non-Invasive Method for Reduction of Bladder Tracer Activity on FDG PET. Todd A .Faasse, Mary A. Kloska, Michael J. Ploeg, Paul D. Shreve, MD. Society of Nuclear Medicine, Technologist Section Poster Presentation, June 2006.
- Quantification of Radiation Dose to Persons in Close Proximity to Patients Injected with F-18-2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose. Todd Faasse, Mary Kloska, Michael Ploeg, Paul Shreve, MD. Society of Nuclear Medicine, Technologist Section Poster Presentation, June 2005.
Intech Publishing PET-CT Textbook Chapter: www.intechopen.com
- Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography Data Acquisition and Image Management, Positron Emission Tomography - Recent Developments in Instrumentation, Research and Clinical Oncological Practice, Todd A. Faasse ISBN: 978-953-51-1213-6, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/57119. Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/positron-emission-tomography-recent-developments-in-instrumentation-research-and-clinical-oncological-practice/positron-emission-tomography-computed-tomography-data-acquisition-and-image-management