2018 Topics in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Fifth Annual Topics in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Friday, June 1, 2018
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
15 Michigan Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Spectrum Health Medical Group’s Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine is pleased to invite you to the fifth annual Topics in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
This year’s conference features state of the art presentations and discussions on current practice and new developments in interstitial lung disease, asthma, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, lung transplantation and selected topics in critical care.
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Implement appropriate strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of interstitial lung disease
- Understand recent developments for the management of cystic fibrosis
- Recognize the clinical manifestations of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in adults
- Be familiar with current therapeutic options and new molecular targets for severe asthma
- Discuss current concepts in the diagnosis and management of pulmonary hypertension
- Implement current guidelines for the management of acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Outline indications for lung transplant referral
- Discuss new developments in the management of arrhythmias in the intensive care unit
- Recognize acute abdominal emergencies in the medical intensive care unit patient
- Be familiar with advances in post-operative care of the cardiac surgical patient
The intended audience includes pulmonologists, intensivists, cardiologists, internists, family practitioners, hospitalists and allied health care professionals with interest in pulmonary and critical care medicine.
The registration fee includes tuition and materials for one attendee, breakfast, lunch and snacks. Parking will be validated.
Non-Spectrum Health Employees
Physicians – $150
Advanced practice providers, nursing or clinical staff – $75
Residents, fellows and students – Free (registration required)
Spectrum Health and Michigan State University Employees
Physicians – $75
Advanced practice provider, nursing or clinical staff – $50
For more information, contact Becca Stoddard, at 616.267.7017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation and Credit
Spectrum Health Hospitals CME is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Spectrum Health Hospitals CME designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5.5 MOC points medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s Maintenance (ABIM) of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.