The award-winning Spectrum Health University offers a variety of professional and leadership development opportunities for employees at all stages of their careers. Learning experiences are created to maximize on-the-job application through teaching done by leaders and team members from across the organization. See below for a short description of our key programs.
- Futures is a leadership readiness program for high potential individual contributors with aspirations to take on a formal leadership role. This six-month program provides a cohort of 20 employees with immersive learning experiences, rounding opportunities and discussions with executives to prepare them for a formal leadership role at Spectrum Health.
- The Spectrum Health Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA) is a comprehensive, 22-month fully-accredited EMBA program, developed in partnership with Grand Valley State University. The program is designed to prepare participants with the skills and knowledge base necessary to succeed in the dynamic, evolving and competitive health care industry. The program will prepare Spectrum Health professionals to lead and be accountable for both medical and financial outcomes in the industry and accelerate readiness to critical health system roles.
- The Prepare program equips first-time and newly hired supervisors, managers and physician leaders (site leads/section chiefs) with the tools and resources they need to be successful in leading people and driving the business at Spectrum Health. This three month, cohort-based, program provides new leaders with deliberate learning experiences that are tied to our competency model.
- The Transform leadership onboarding program is designed for new directors and executives, both new to Spectrum Health or new to their leadership role, to accelerate their knowledge of the system, and to be more effective in their roles.
- The Physician Leadership Academy was developed in partnership with Health Management Academy as an investment in our physician leaders. The goal of the academy is to instill a culture of community among physician leaders that will empower everyone to drive the change we need.
- Spectrum Health University's Course Catalog offers all employees a variety of development workshops, eLearning and events focused on individual needs and current business objectives. The structure allows each learner to participate in experiences that they have selected for their individual development.
Spectrum Health is committed to granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.