Congenital Heart Center
We're Leading the Way in Congenital Heart Care
The Congenital Heart Center at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital offers access to breakthrough thinking with personalized attention from the very specialists who are leading the program. Patients from around the world come to the Congenital Heart Center for complex procedures, many of which were not able to be performed elsewhere. Our advances in diagnosing, treating, and managing congenital heart disease offer big impact for lifelong care.
Why Choose Helen DeVos Children's Hospital?
Outcomes among the top in the nation
The congenital heart center has delivered some of the best risk-adjusted surgical survival rates and lengths-of-stay outcomes in the nation. Our program is also well recognized by those in the field of cardiology.
- • “Best Children’s Hospital in Cardiology and Heart Surgery” by U.S. News & World Report
- • Beacon Gold Award for specialized Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- • Accreditation by the Adult Congenital Heart Association as a comprehensive care center – one of the first in the country
Personal attention from every level of your team
Along with dedicated experts in congenital heart care, our department leaders take a personal role in your care. A nurse navigator is assigned to every patient to offer care coordination and encouragement throughout your journey.
- • 15 Pediatric Cardiologists
- • 13 Advance Practice Providers
- • 10 Registered Pediatric Cardiac Sonographers
Integrated expertise for vulnerable patients
Our fully integrated program offers fetal cardiology, maternal fetal medicine, and neonatology, to provide multidisciplinary care in a central location, including the largest neonatal unit in Michigan.
- • Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- • Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- • Fetal Care Center
Innovation advancing the course of congenital heart care
We utilize advanced cardiac imaging and 3D printing and visualization technologies to enhance pre-surgical planning and provide individualized procedures for many complex patients.
- • 3D printing and interactive 3D visualization services
- • True 3D viewer by EchoPixel Inc.
- • Highly trained staff for advanced diagnostics
What our patients say about us
“I liked that he had a plan A, a plan B and a plan C,” Rostic said. “He drew everything out and explained everything to me.”
- Amanda Rostic speaking about Dr. Haw’s approach
“You were the only one who took a chance. And you did it and gave us life again. After 11 years of ‘No, no, no,’ you said ‘I think I can’ and you did.”- Megan Thompson on finding care
“We always had hope, but it ended up being better than what we hoped for.”- Autumn Lunsford reflecting on her experience
Locations and more information
Learn more about congenital heart conditions, treatments, and care at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.