Aero Med owns two twin-engine, turbine-powered Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, one of the most powerful and reliable aircraft in service today.
- A custom-designed medical interior
- Unique airborne critical care environment
- A cockpit equipped with a certified instrument flight panel, weather radar, autopilot, multiple navigation and communication systems
- Flight speeds up to 180 miles per hour
- A range of up to 350 miles
- Night vision goggles
In addition to owning our helicopters, Aero Med operates under its own air carrier certificate from the FAA. This allows us direct control over aircraft operations and the ability to hire the best pilots and maintenance technicians to meet our mission of safe, high quality care.