Breastfeeding Class: March 14 at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 14
6:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Spectrum Health Healthier Communities
665 Seward Ave NW
Every new mom wonders (and often worries) about breastfeeding. This class is for you! We think this topic receives lots of confusing—and sometimes misguided—publicity. Our certified lactation instructor will take the mystery out of this unique aspect of motherhood.
Don’t laugh, but we ask that you bring a baby-sized doll or stuffed animal with you so you can practice holding and positioning—it works! Your support person is encouraged to join you.
- How breastfeeding works.
- How it affects you, your baby, your partner and your post-pregnancy experience.
- How to help your baby “get it” with latch-on tips.
- How to hold your baby while breastfeeding so both of you are comfy and cozy.
- How to know when/if your baby is getting enough to eat.
- How to nurse a sleepy baby and be a pro at burping.
- What’s the deal on pumping; how it works and do you have to do it.
- How to plan for the transition of going back to work.
Scroll down to review other upcoming class dates, times and availability. You may also clear the filter, click search and see all classes available to schedule.