We welcome volunteers at Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial in Fremont. Whether you’re helping people find their way, working in the gift shop or offering your gift of knitting or sewing, you will have the fulfillment of knowing you’re helping others and allowing us to better serve our patients.
Roles and Opportunities
In order to attract and retain the best volunteers for Spectrum Health and ensure a rewarding experience for you, we try to match individual talents and skills to our areas of need. Volunteers may fill many different roles.
Here are some ways volunteers help us every day:
- Ambassador cart
- Gift shop and coffee shop
- Navigating/Giving directions
- Pet therapy
- Special projects
- Surgical waiting room
Next Steps and Orientation
To get started and join our team of dedicated and caring volunteers, follow these simple steps:
- Apply: Complete the application and tell us about the skills you possess.
- Interview: Our Volunteer Coordinator will help you find the perfect setting to apply your talents. Whether you have hours a week or hours a month, we have a meaningful role for you.
- Infection Control: We ask you to have an annual flu shot and two tuberculosis skin tests (provided free of charge).
- Orientation: Orientation covers a variety of useful topics. Orientation is flexible to fit your busy life.
- Assignment and training: After you have been matched with an area, you will receive specific orientation and training.