Who We Are
The Heart and Vascular PFAC council advises on new programs established at the Spectrum Health Fred and Lena Meijer Heart Center, representing the heart patient and family. Formed in 2007, the goal of the council is to bring "heart" forefront in the health care provided, while delivering compassionate communication and teamwork, emotional and spiritual healing in combination with excellent health care.
- Participated in process improvement events for the cath lab to improve the process and total time of the heart catheterization process following a heart attack
- Provided guidance on media campaigns to ensure information was meaningful and understandable
- Shared their patient experience with key leadership
- Provided recommendations on cardiovascular education for the patient and family members that should be incorporated during hospital stays and when returning home
- Helped make the medication form instructions clearer and easier to understand
- Rounded outpatient offices to provide the patient perspective and shared findings with leadership
- Provided feedback on action plans for patient experience goals, specifically on wayfinding and support of cardiovascular patients
- Provided feedback and suggestions on a heart failure education program for heart patients called, "Strengthen Your Heart, Do Your Part"
- Served as "mystery shoppers" to observe effectiveness of teamwork at various sites throughout Spectrum Health
- Provided patient and family perspective on facility renovations, expansions, design and furnishing of new buildings
- Consulted on Spectrum Health advertising campaigns, a centralized phone scheduling system and hand-washing compliance initiatives