X-Rays and Scans
X-rays and other scans are pictures taken of the inside of your body to determine if you have a medical condition and how to best treat it. The branch of health care that deals with X-rays and other scans or images is called radiology.
Because the human body is so complex, there are many ways to look at the organs, tissues and structures inside the body. Spectrum Health offers a comprehensive range of imaging procedures to help diagnose and treat medical conditions of all kinds.
Services at Spectrum Health
We provide a full range of high quality, specialized imaging services for patients in West Michigan and beyond. Our program is built on a foundation of clinical excellence, advanced technology and the professional expertise of our physician specialists and staff.
Here are some of the advantages that set us apart:
- Advanced technology - We continually evaluate our services to ensure we have the latest and most effective equipment. We also monitor the field and use new techniques as they are developed.
- Accreditation - We are committed to meeting the industry's highest standards. Our staff members are specially trained, certified or registered in their field.
- Education - We continually educate our staff on the latest industry developments. We also train our staff how to acquire images that will provide the best possible information for diagnosis and treatment.
- Convenience - With numerous locations throughout the Grand Rapids area, our services are convenient and accessible to patients in their own communities. For urgent procedures, services are available at Spectrum Health 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We also offer specialized services, including the following:
- Betty Ford Breast Care Services - Our breast care services use state-of-the-art technology, including digital mammography. Imaging studies are interpreted by radiologists who have extensive experience and specialize in this area.
- Interventional Radiology - This branch of medicine uses imaging techniques to diagnose and treat various conditions, often without surgery.
- Pediatric Care - At Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, we offer a full-service radiology department for pediatric patients. Our professional staff combines advanced technology with expert, compassionate care for children of all ages.
As the area's leading provider of radiology studies, our team performs nearly 600,000 procedures annually. We offer:
- Radiology staff members who are certified or registered in their area and understand how to acquire the best possible images
- Subspecialty and fellowship trained physicians who are experts in their field and have significant experience
- On-staff physicists who maintain our high standard of practice
Here are some of the imaging procedures we perform:
Services are provided by appointment.
The radiology department is accredited by:
- American College of Radiology
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories